Monday, December 15, 2008

Current events, power cuts and tut tuts

Soniaji is in town and these giant airplanes or whatever drone in the sky like giant bumble bees. So did she bring her un-ho-neys (which incidentally, is like the pot calling the kettle black because I don’t know my intezaars from my bekaraars, which in the second incidence of incidentally, are two words I hear often repeated in Hindi movies. How big a pain I am to watch a Hindi movie with is a story I’ll save for later) or does she come with something new for an audience with a limited-edition-on-my-boat Hum Aapke Hain Kaun knowledge of Hindi. Anyways I wonder which language she addressed the gathering in. I DID NOT watch the news, if it crossed your mind to ask by the way. And if anyone’s talking in Malayalam, does she even know what they’re talking about unless they drop names. You know like “Soniajiudey” “Congreesinte” “aiyurithi thonuthile entho entho Rajiv Gandhi (yea! I understood something!) namudey samsthanathil blah blah blah blah ……” Nah, I guess sycophancy is decipherable, regardless of linguistic barriers. One would have to be quite thick to miss the “River of drool” and the one too many “venderfulls” and the “vary nays” and the “truly, I Says” and the “ess ess madem”. (Hey the droning stopped. What? No security after 10 pm? What do they think? Terrorists don’t work after hours?)

Anyways it was quite a pain having her around. Very inconvenient. People who should have been in buses were on the road, competing with poor lil me for an autorickshaw. But hey, I did get an auto quite quickly. Soniaji is here and yet they don’t think twice about pulling the plug (actually) on our electricity. Load shedding right on schedule. All this fuss and no no-power-cut-today-people?!

Moving to a nicer topic, move aside Lolakutty. We’ve got our glam babe Ommanakutty! Paravati Ommanakuttan..literally meaning Parvati (Shiva’s wife?) Apple of the Eye!! How can anyone go wrong with a name like that? But again I can’t help wondering how they must have pronounced the name? They probably must just have squealed or yelped “Miss India”, like that’s supposed to be her name (“Miss India will you come here!” “Miss India you cannot help your self to that calorie-ridden croissant.” “Oh that Miss India! Who does she think she is, Miss India!?”). So she dint WIN THE crown. But she did come second didn’t she. That quite nice for a people who crosses the road zimbly! Wonder when they’ll have a Miss India Malayalees Samajam.

1 comment:

Sharath Kumar R said...

You started off with Sonia Gandhi and ended off with Parvati Omanakuttan.

Talk about Tangents!!!
:D